Annual scientific conferences in the National Historical and Cultural Reserve “Hetman’s Capital” were established in 2003. During this period the following conferences were held:
- May, 2003 – scientific conference “Kyrylo Rozumovsky – the last Hetman of Ukraine,” on the occasion of the 275th anniversary of the birth and the 200th anniversary of the death of K. H. Rozumovsky;
- May, 2004 – an international scientific conference on the 10th anniversary of the Reserve and the 295th anniversary of death of Hetman I.S. Mazepa;
- June, 2005 – scientific conference on the 230th anniversary of P. Prokopovych;
- September, 2006 – scientific conference “Cultural and religious development of Hetmanshchyna at the end of the 17th – beginning of the 18th centuries”
- May-June, 2007 – 9th Baturin readings “Cossack foremen of the end of the 17th – the beginning of the 18th centuries”, dedicated to the 335th anniversary of Philip Orlyk’s birth;
- June, 2009 – 10th Baturin readings “Baturin and its role in the history of Ukrainian Cossack State”;
- May, 2011 – 11th Baturin readings “Monasteries as religious, cultural-educational and economic centers of Hetmanshchyna period”;
- June 2013 – 12th Baturin readings dedicated to the 285th anniversary of K.H. Rozumovsky’s birth and the 20th anniversary of the creation of NHCR “Hetman’s capital”;
- June, 2014 – 13th Baturin readings dedicated to the 375th anniversary of I.S. Mazepa’s birth;
- November, 2016 – 14th Baturin readings dedicated to the 340th anniversary of the unification of Ukraine under the rule of Hetman I. Samoilovych;
- June, 2018 – 15th Baturin readings dedicated to the 350th anniversary of the election of D. Ignatovych as Hetman of Ukraine and the 25th anniversary of the creation of NHCR “Hetman’s capital”;
- June, 2019 – 16th Baturin readings dedicated to the 350th anniversary of the beginning of the Hetman’s capital in Baturin.
Since 2006, the Reserve has been publishing materials tested at conferences. Since 2008, the collection of scientific articles “Baturinska starina” (“Baturin relics of the past”) is published.
Since 2012 the National Reserve “Hetman’s capital” is a co-organizer of the International Spassky scientific readings. Organization of the readings, dedicated to the famous natives of Nizhyn brothers Ivan and Feodosiy Spassky, was initiated in 2010 by the Museum of local history named after I. Spassky, the Centre of monument studies and the Institute of History of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Nizhyn State University named after N. Gogol and Nizhyn city council.
- 2012 – 2nd Spassky readings dedicated to the 115th anniversary of F. Spassky’s birth;
- 2014 – 3rd Spassky readings dedicated to the 110th anniversary of I. Spassky’s birth;
- 2016 – 4th Spassky Readings dedicated to the 125th anniversary of Eugenia Spassky’s birth and the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Nizhyn Local History Museum;
- 2018 – 5th Spassky readings dedicated to the 100th anniversary of I. Spassky’s museum activities and the 25th anniversary of the creation of the National Reserve “Hetman’s Capital”;
- 2020 – 6th Spassky readings dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Nizhyn public museum, 400th anniversary of Nizhyn Cossack regiment and the 395th anniversary of the foundation of Baturin fortress due to strict quarantine restrictions were held remotely.
The materials, tested during the International Spassky Scientific Readings, were published in the issues of the collection of scientific works “Nizhyn antiquity” (founded by the Center of monument studies of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Society for the Protection of Monuments of History and Culture).